Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The rain continued through the night with morning arriving with strong winds, chilly temperatures & more rain. The intrepid French donned their rain gear & were on their way by 7:30 except for two younger females who lingered...after much discussion and map consulting, they too departed. 4 of us were left with the intention of waiting until later to start out - a German man traveling with a female Japanese, a German woman & myself. After more discussion, our host offered to drive us to Castrojeriz, 20.5 km away for 7.00 euro. We all accepted so thus began the hustle of getting organized & out the door! I am sure the hostess was once again glad for peace & quiet tho one new guest for tonight had already arrived. Cancellations at other destinations were made. Off we went, dry & comfortable. Arriving in Castrojeriz, we dropped off the couple at their hotel. Then after two tries with no luck, a room in a very nice hotel was found for the German lady & I to share!!

 Unfortunately, I can't grasp her name! I will have her write it down.
See that big, fluffy towel??? I am definitely enjoy that after my shower tonight!!! Right now I just finished a delicious lunch & will now sit in lovely sitting area to finish the book. Found another English pb by Simon Kernick here so all sit to enjoy another quiet day of being lazy & DRY as it is once again rainy & windy! I did find an ATM so no longer low on cash & reservation is made for tomorrow so no cares! And hoping for clear skies tomorrow!! But will try to be brave & adventurous no matter what!
You can't really see the rain or wind...sun is trying to shine right now so hope for tomorrow being okay. Several who have arrived by walking say the path was muddy so no regrets on riding!!

3 comments:

  1. I love your posts! Looks like you are having quite a trip! You never mention Sarah-is she not with you anywhere? Your journey is interesting but I don't think it's my cup of tea! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Sarah, is not here. She had to cancel due to medical problem - surgery on Oct 8. You are walking as much as me -- just not all going in the same direction!

    ReplyDelete