Monday, September 21, 2015

I am sitting in the shade eating green olives at the Jacques de Molay Albergue in Terradillos de los Templarios:
Clothes machine washed & hanging in the sunshine & breeze! Had some fresh orange juice and now eating green olives. Yes, you can get a cute little dish of olives to snack on!! After leaving the Sisters this morning around 9:00, I went across the street for breakfast - once again I forgot about a photo before the eggs were gone - the hot chocolate, bread, & eggs were delicious!
The waitress ignored me so I sat & read the Danielle Steel book that someone had left at Santa Maria Albergue. (As it is sitting here on the table, the woman who left it comes up to tell me that!! Yes, we do keep running into each other each other along the Way) So around 10:30, the waitress started setting up for lunch so I asked for check then took advantage of the quite nice restroom. Wandered over to the bus stop then realized the other passengers were hanging out at the bar across the street so went over there discovering that the bus actually stopped right there!! So I got a coke, read, & sat in the sun until bus showed up right on time. Discovered there were assigned seats so a bit of shuffling ensued but then on our way. One hour+ later, the bus stops in the road - I had arrived! With some trepidation as no sign of an Albergue, I take up my pack at which time I see pilgrims walking so head that way also & lo, there's the Albergue!! Then another moment of panic when the receptionist says complete; she was interrupted so said 'one moment' to me so I sat & waited with thoughts of 'now what?'. Lo, when she comes back, there is abed - a lower bunk to boot!!!! So yes, The Camino provides...A reservation is made for tomorrow in Sahagun with pack shipping tagaddressed, etc. So relaxed & visited with two German ladies (no, I am not speaking German - they have very good English). It seems we are roommates for tonight!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,
    I just watched the movie "The Way" last night. Martin Sheen plays a father who walks the El Camino. Great movie. You have inspired me to look into this when I retire. Safe travel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are wonderful!! Really enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete