Friday, September 11, 2015

Some pilgrim has a sense of humor!

And what is this mysterious fruit??
Made it! I am settled into the Albergue de peregrinos El Caminante in Belorado. It was a 7.8 mile easy walk along side a highway so not such a contemplative day. However, I found that the Spanish trucking industry is alive and well!! It was fun to try to guess what products they were hauling by pictures & logos...I took many short rests and made it in 4 hours.
This was a rest after leaving this morning at 7:45 am and looking back.
Here is a bldg in Belorado with storks' nests. Haven't seen any storks - just their fantastic creations way up high!
Home for tonight with hostess! Had a moment of indecision upon arrival as not open & no answer to bell ringing. A female street sweeper and two elderly senoras tried to help but they all finally just shrugged and moved on!! Just as I was trying to figure out how to phone, here the staff comes so all is well! Good I had a reservation as filled within 30 minutes.
My bed with delivered pack! The small green pack is the one I actually carry while walking.
The 'garden' for relaxing & clothes drying. They serve dinner & breakfast here through doorway in upper right hand side. Now to decide what to do tomorrow - walk or bus?? The original stop is 7 miles on a steady uphill to Villafranca Montes de Oca. There are 3 options to catch a bus within that 7 mile stretch so thinking I will try it as should be pretty scenery & a Monasterio de San Felice's along the way.
Scenery from today's walk. At times, I question why I am just not walking across Nebraska?! There have been many stacks if haybales but no sign of cows...Several more large fields of sunflowers.

1 comment:

  1. Your comment is too funny, Janie: At times, I question why I am just not walking across Nebraska?! LOL Great posts & photos! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete