Friday, September 4, 2015

Arrangements are made for tomorrow's pack shipping and lodging plus shower is taken, clothes washed by machine & hung out to dry so I have no worries so perhaps can backtrack with thoughts, photos, etc. Also Wi-fi connection is good & I'm not so befuddled in my thinking...Wednesday I walked 8 miles, yesterday 5 miles, and today 5 miles. Today was a gradual 249 meter climb except for last 2.4 km.
This was after the Monasterio de Irache.
This is looking back towards Azqueta - I had just ascended part of it basically crawling as very narrow with drop off on one side - I have determined that I don't care for heights!!! At this point, the trekking poles would have been useful but I have found that overall they are just a nuisance so shipping with pack. 
Today's Albergue Villamayor

Church across the way - the 3:00 hour! Time for a nap...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so in awe of your progress! And envious of your dining! I hope you bring some recipes home to share...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun to watch your adventure unfold. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love that '3:00 hour,' Jane! Thanks for all your posts and photos! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sky and scenery. Another student went hiking recently and was so grateful for her hiking poles. I immediately thought of you and how you sent yours ahead with your pack. To each her own. They would have been in your way for crawling ... I would have been crawling right there next to you, Jane. xo

    ReplyDelete