Sunday, September 20, 2015

I was unable to post yesterday due to no wi-fi. Tonight I am in Carrion ...just finished receiving a blessing after mass which was very moving and emotional for me which surprised me! I am staying at the Santa Maria Albergue which is connected to the church. Also attended vespers - only 4 sisters and a few pilgrims. I believe the sisters are with the Augustine order but don't have the guide books in front of me as sitting at cafe waiting for a cheese pizza. Tomorrow I am taking the bus as it is a long distance with no place to stay in between. Earlier today I tried to concentrate & figure out the distances I need to cover in order to get close to Sarria in order to walk the final 100 km so I can get at least one compestela. Since I've taken buses, I am not eligible for the long distance compestela. I think I have it figured out but am afraid that there are several days during that frame that are too long without overnight opportunities and uphilld for my knee to withstand. I will wait and see when that time comes. Yesterday's Albergue was quite the place -
It was a combination of hippie and commune life!! A lovely sunny day with an afternoon nap in a hammock.
Today's short walk was done totally in fog: the photo won't load. Need to get back to Albergue ad door closes at 10 plus lights out at 10 for those ambitious pilgrims who head out very early tho this Albergue doesn't open doors until 6:30 am. More tomorrow ad bus isn't until 11:50 & have to leave by 8:00 so will find a place for breakfast with wi-fi.

1 comment: