Thursday, September 17, 2015

I made it walking the 7 miles to Itero de LA Vega but the knee is definitely protesting the steep climb up & sharp descent!
The start of 102 meter ascent.
Looking back to Castrojeriz
In very bad form, I celebrate reaching the top with yoga warrior form!! People who had passed me & were still there cheered for me! One man offered to carry my pack the last few feet but I convinced him I could make it by going slowly. He used the pretense of taking photos to stay alongside me until I reached the top!! People do genuinely care.
And then the descent!! It was windy & chilly but have hat, gloves & layers so was comfortable. Thankfully no rain & wind had tried up the paths.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for you! And I love your pose there. Triumph! I find going downhill MUCH harder on my knees than going uphill. I don't envy you those slopes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People have good hearts all over the world as you are discovering.

    ReplyDelete