Sunday, September 20, 2015

Okay, up & packed but hanging out at Albergue for awhile as have 3 hours + before bus to Terradillos de los Templarios! 3 others just left who are also taking it so I won't be alone & less worry about missing my stop!! Seem to have strong wi-fi right now so will post some photos:
This was on yesterday's walk - unfortunately it is not 46 km to Santiago! At that point it was 46? km!!  There is a bar here that says 407 - Another example of information not agreeing!!!!  Some signs are for road travel where the Camino distances can be longer or shorter due to going cross country.
In this area, these markers are common.
This area also reminds me of home!
There are many statues, sculptures & signs depicting pilgrims and/or the Camino along the path & in the villages, towns, and cities.
This was the line outside the Albergue yesterday one hour before it opened! You can set down your backpack to save your spot! There are approximately 58 beds here - people were turned away in early afternoon as they still had a chance of finding a spot somewhere else; however two young men arrived late evening so we're given mattresses on the floor in hallway which led to the toilets so rather like Grand Central Station!!
My 'room' last night! Was able to have the small window open since ladies right by it were agreeable. I am finding that I have a touch of claustrophobio - small, enclosed spaces makee a bit nervous! Guess that is why at home I leave my bedroom door open! The very high ceiling here helped also:

Plus once you get 20+ people on the room with smelly socks, etc., it becomes somewhat like a locker room atmosphere!! Okay, I going to post this segment before I lose it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment